To create a sitemap in PrestaShop 1.8 and add it to Google Search Console, you can follow these steps:
- Login to your PrestaShop 1.8 website’s admin panel.
- Go to the “Modules and Services” section and search for the “Google Sitemap” module.
- Install and activate the module if it is not already installed.
- Once the module is installed and activated, go to the “Configure” section of the module.
- Configure the settings according to your preferences. For example, you can choose the type of content to include in your sitemap, set the frequency of updates, and set the priority of each page.
- After configuring the module settings, generate your sitemap by clicking on the “Generate Sitemap” button.
- Once the sitemap is generated, download the XML file to your computer.
- Login to your Google Search Console account and go to the “Sitemaps” section.
- Click on the “Add/Test Sitemap” button and enter the URL of your sitemap file (e.g. https://yourdomain.com/sitemap.xml).
- Click “Submit” and wait for Google to crawl your sitemap.
That’s it! You have successfully created a sitemap in PrestaShop 1.8 and added it to Google Search Console.