Taking regular backups of your PrestaShop website’s database and files is important to ensure that you can restore your website in case of data loss or server failure. Here’s how you can take a backup of your PrestaShop database and files:
- Database backup:
- Login to your hosting account’s control panel or access the database using a tool like phpMyAdmin.
- Navigate to the database that you want to back up and click on the “Export” option.
- Choose the export method as “Quick” and select the format as “SQL”.
- Select all the tables that you want to back up and click on the “Go” button.
- Save the downloaded SQL file to your local computer.
- File backup:
- Connect to your website’s server using an FTP client.
- Download all the files and folders in the root directory of your website to your local computer. You can skip the “cache”, “IMG”, and “log” folders as they can be regenerated later.
- If you have any custom modifications or modules installed, be sure to include those files in your backup.
It is recommended to take backups regularly and store them in a secure location such as an external hard drive or cloud storage. Also, make sure to test your backup regularly to ensure that you can restore your website in case of a disaster.