PrestaShop was up to version 1.7.x, and there was no PrestaShop version 8.x available at that time. PrestaShop is an open-source e-commerce platform, and its server requirements may change with each new version.
To find the most up-to-date server requirements for PrestaShop 8.x or any other version beyond 1.7.x, I recommend visiting the official PrestaShop website or checking their official documentation. They usually provide detailed information about the server requirements for each version of their software.
In general, however, here are the typical server requirements for PrestaShop 1.7.x, which can give you a rough idea of what to expect:
Server Requirements for PrestaShop 1.7.x (Note that these may change for newer versions):
- Web Server: Apache 2.x or Nginx
- PHP: Version 7.1 or higher (PrestaShop 1.7.x was compatible with PHP 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, and 7.4)
- Database: MySQL 5.6 or higher (or MariaDB 10.0 or higher)
- PHP Extensions: Requirements may include PHP extensions like GD, cURL, OpenSSL, Zip, and others.
- Web Hosting: Linux-based hosting is recommended.
- SSL: An SSL certificate is strongly recommended for security.
Please keep in mind that these requirements are subject to change, and you should always refer to the official PrestaShop documentation for the specific version you plan to use for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
If PrestaShop 8.x is now available, please visit their official website or contact their support for the latest server requirements and recommendations.