Here are the general steps for setting up Cash on Delivery in PrestaShop:
- Accessing PrestaShop Back Office:
- Log in to your PrestaShop admin panel.
- Navigating to Payment Methods:
- In the left-hand menu, go to “Modules” and then “Modules & Services.”
- Finding the Payment Module:
- Look for the payment module that handles Cash on Delivery. In many cases, it might be named “Cash on Delivery” or something similar.
- Installing and Configuring the Cash on Delivery Module:
- If the Cash on Delivery module is not installed, you might need to install it. Look for the module in the list and click on the “Install” button if it’s not already installed.
- Configuring Cash on Delivery Settings:
- After installation, click on the “Configure” or “Settings” link next to the Cash on Delivery module.
- Configure the settings according to your preferences. This may include specifying the fee for COD, minimum and maximum order amounts for COD, and any additional information you want to display to customers.
- Enabling Cash on Delivery:
- Make sure that Cash on Delivery is enabled. There might be a toggle switch or checkbox for enabling/disabling the payment method.
- Saving Changes:
- After configuring the settings, don’t forget to save your changes.
- To ensure that Cash on Delivery is working as expected, place a test order on your site and choose Cash on Delivery as the payment method.
Remember that the exact steps may vary depending on the PrestaShop version you are using, and the names of modules or menu items may have changed. If you encounter any difficulties or if there have been updates to PrestaShop after my last knowledge update, I recommend checking the official PrestaShop documentation or community forums for the most accurate information.