The error message “ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS” typically occurs when there is a misconfiguration in the web server or the application that leads to an endless loop of redirects between different URLs. This issue can be frustrating, but it’s usually straightforward to identify and resolve.
If you encounter the “ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS” error in your PrestaShop store, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:
- Clear your browser cache: Sometimes, the problem may be caused by a cached redirect. Clear your browser cache and cookies, then try accessing the website again.
- Check your PrestaShop settings: Log in to your PrestaShop admin panel and review your shop’s settings, particularly those related to URLs, domain, and SSL. Ensure that your shop’s URL is correct and matches the one set in your web server configuration.
- Verify your SSL configuration: If your website uses SSL (HTTPS), make sure that the SSL certificate is valid and properly installed on your server. SSL misconfigurations can sometimes lead to redirect loops.
- Check your .htaccess file: The “.htaccess” file in your PrestaShop installation directory can sometimes cause redirect issues. Open the file and look for any rules related to redirects. Incorrect or conflicting rules could be causing the problem. You may try temporarily renaming the file to see if the error goes away, but be cautious, as this may impact other aspects of your website.
- Examine your web server configuration: If you are using Apache or Nginx, review your virtual host settings or server block configuration. Ensure that there are no conflicting or incorrect rewrite rules.
- Verify your domain settings: If you recently changed your domain name or moved the website to a different server, double-check that the DNS settings and domain configuration are correctly pointing to the new location.
- Check for modules or extensions causing conflicts: Sometimes, certain PrestaShop modules or third-party extensions may cause redirect issues. Temporarily disable any recently installed modules and extensions to see if the problem is resolved.
- Consult your hosting provider: If you are still unable to resolve the issue, reach out to your hosting provider’s support team. They might be able to assist you in identifying the cause and fixing the problem.
Always remember to back up your PrestaShop website and database before making any significant changes, as this will allow you to restore your site if something goes wrong during the troubleshooting process.
By following these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the “ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS” error in your PrestaShop store.