To change the theme in PrestaShop, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your PrestaShop back office. This is the administrative panel where you manage your PrestaShop store.
- Once logged in, navigate to the “Design” tab in the left-hand menu. Click on “Themes & Logo” under the “Design” section.
- On the “Themes & Logo” page, you will see the currently installed themes. To change the theme, click on the “Add New Theme” button located in the upper-right corner of the page.
- You have two options to add a new theme: a. If you have a theme file in ZIP format, click on the “Add File” button, select the theme ZIP file from your computer, and click “Save.” b. If you have the theme files on your server, click on the “Add from my computer” button and browse to the theme files’ location on your server. Make sure the theme files are in the correct format and structure.
- After adding the theme, PrestaShop will upload and install it. Once the installation is complete, you will see the newly added theme in the “Themes & Logo” list.
- To activate the new theme, click on the “Use this theme” button below the theme thumbnail. PrestaShop will set the selected theme as the active one for your store.
- You can further customize the theme by clicking on the “Customize” button below the theme thumbnail. This will allow you to modify various aspects of the theme, such as colors, fonts, layout, and more, using PrestaShop’s built-in theme customization options.
- Save your changes once you have customized the theme to your liking.
After following these steps, your PrestaShop store will have a new theme installed and activated. Remember to test your store thoroughly after changing the theme to ensure everything is functioning correctly and the design meets your expectations.