There are several benefits of open-source web applications, including:
- Cost: Open-source web applications are typically free to use and modify, which can save organizations a significant amount of money on licensing and development costs.
- Flexibility: Open-source web applications can be customized and extended to meet the specific needs of an organization, which can be difficult or impossible with proprietary software.
- Community: Open-source web applications are developed and supported by a community of developers, which can lead to more rapid innovation and bug fixes.
- Transparency: The source code for open-source web applications is publicly available, which allows for more transparency and security.
- Interoperability: Open-source web applications can be more easily integrated with other software and systems, which can improve efficiency and productivity.
- Innovation: Open-source web applications encourage innovation and experimentation, as the users can modify the software and contribute back to the community.