A grouped product consists of simple standalone products that are presented as a group. You can offer variations of a single product, or group them by season or theme. Presenting a grouped product can create an incentive for customers to purchase additional items. A grouped product provides an easy way to offer variations of a product, and list them all on the same page.
For example, you might sell open stock flatware, and list every type of utensil that is used in a formal place setting. Some might order multiple salad forks, fish forks, dinner forks, dinner knives, fish knives, butter knives, soup spoons, and dessert spoons. Other customers might order a simple fork, knife, and spoon. Customers can order as many of each item as they want.
Although they are presented as a group, each product in the group is purchased as a separate item. In the shopping cart, each item and the quantity purchased appears a separate line item.
The following instructions take you through the process of creating a grouped product using a product template, required fields, and basic settings. Each required field is marked with a red asterisk (
*). When you finish the basics, you can complete the advanced settings and other settings as needed.
Step 1: Choose the Product Type
- On the Admin sidebar, go to Catalog > Products.
- In the upper-right corner on the Add Product ( ) menu, choose the Grouped Product.
Step 2: Choose the Attribute Set
To choose the attribute set that is used as a template for the product, do one of the following:
- In the Search box, enter the name of the attribute set.
- In the list, choose the attribute set that you want to use.
The form is updated to reflect the change.
Step 3: Complete the Required Settings
- Enter the product Product Name.
- Accept the default SKU that is based on the product name, or enter another.
Take note that the quantity field is not available because the value is derived from the individual products that make up the group.
- Because the product is not yet ready to publish, set Enable Product to
- Click Save and continue.
When the product is saved, the Store View chooser appears in the upper-left corner.
- Choose the Store View where the product is to be available.
Step 4: Complete the Basic Settings
- Accept the Stock Status setting,
- To assign categories to the product, click the Select… box. Then, do either of the following:
Choose an existing category:
- Start typing in the box to find a match.
- Select the checkbox of the category that is to be assigned.
Create a new category:
- Click New Category.
- Enter the Category Name and choose the Parent Category to determine its position in the menu structure.
- Click Create Category.
- Accept the Visibility settings,
- To feature the product in the list of new products, choose the Set Product as New From and To dates on the calendar.
- Choose the Country of Manufacture.
There might be additional individual attributes that describe the product. The selection varies attribute set, and you can complete them later.
Step 5: Add Products to the Group
- Scroll down to the Grouped Products section. Then, click Add Products to Group.
- If necessary, use the filters to find the products that you want to include in the group.
- In the list, mark the checkbox of each item that you want to include in the group.
- Click Add Selected Products to add them to the group.
The selected products appear in the Grouped Products section.
For Multi-Source merchants with Inventory Management, the grid includes a Quantity per Source column with each assigned source and inventory stock amount.
- Then, do any of the following:
- Enter a Default Quantity for any of the items.
- To change the order of the products, grab the Change Order icon ( ) in the first column, and drag the product to the new position in the list.
- To remove a product from the group, click Remove.
Step 5: Complete the Product Information
Complete the information in the following sections as needed:
- Images and Videos
- Search Engine Optimization
- Related Products, Up-Sells, and Cross-Sells
- Customizable Options
- Products in Websites
- Gift Options
Step 6: Publish the Product
- If you are ready to publish the product in the catalog, set Enable Product to
- Do one of the following:
Method 1: Save and Preview
- In the upper-right corner, click Save.
- To view the product in your store, choose Customer View on the Admin ( ) menu. The store opens in a new browser tab.
Method 2: Save and Close
On the Save ( ) menu, choose Save & Close.
Step 7: Configure the Cart Thumbnails (Optional)
If you have a different image for each product in the group, you can set the configuration to use the correct image for the shopping cart thumbnail.
- On the Admin sidebar, go to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- In the panel on the left under Sales, choose Checkout.
- Expand the Shopping Cart section. Then, do the following:
- If necessary, clear the Use system value checkbox.
- Set Grouped Product Image to
Product Thumbnail Itself.
- Click Save Config.
Things to Remember
- A grouped product is essentially a collection of simple associated products.
- Each item purchased appears individually in the shopping cart, rather than as part of the group.
- The thumbnail image in the shopping cart can be set to display the image from the grouped parent product or associated product.
Buy useful prestashop addons magento extensions for online stores
We have extensions in various categories to provide extra features at a reasonable price and the best quality.The modules help to get extra features in online stores and work with all versions. Helps to enhance the performance of the store in different categories like SEO, Security, Analytics, Sales, Social Media, Administration, Marketing, Advertisements, Promotions, etc