Creating a sitemap.xml file in Magento is a simple process, here is a general overview of the steps:
- Log in to the backend of your Magento store.
- Go to the “Marketing” menu and select “SEO & Search”
- Under the “Search Engine Sitemaps” section, click on the “Add Sitemap” button.
- Fill in the necessary information, such as the file name and the path to the file. The file name must be sitemap.xml
- Select the types of pages that you want to include in the sitemap, such as products, categories, and CMS pages.
- Click on the “Save” button to generate the sitemap.xml file.
- Submit the sitemap to Search Engines: Once you have generated your sitemap, you should submit it to the search engines like Google and Bing, so they can crawl your site and index your pages.
You can also use third-party extensions like “XML Sitemap” to create and submit sitemap.xml to the search engines.
It’s important to note that you should update your sitemap regularly, when you add new pages or products to your site, so that the search engines can index them.
It is also a good practice to check the sitemap for errors after generating it and before submitting it to the search engines.