In Magento, products are organized into categories, which allows customers to easily browse and find the products they are looking for. Here is a general outline of the steps to show products in categories in Magento:
- Create a new category: In the Magento backend, navigate to “Catalog” -> “Categories”. Click on the “Add Root Category” button to create a new top-level category, or click on an existing category to create a subcategory.
- Assign products to the category: Once the category is created, you can assign products to it by going to “Catalog” -> “Manage Products”. Select the products you want to assign to the category, and then go to the “Categories” tab and select the category you want to assign the products to.
- Configure the category settings: In the “Category Information” tab, you can configure settings such as the category name, description, and image. You can also set the category to be active or inactive, and configure the category’s display settings.
- Configure the product listing: In the “Display Settings” tab, you can configure how products are displayed in the category. For example, you can set the number of products per page, the sort order of products, and the layout of the product listing.
- Verify the category: Once you have completed the configuration, check the front end of your website to make sure that the products are showing correctly in the category and that the category is properly configured.
It is important to note that you can also assign products to multiple categories, and configure different settings for each category.
In summary, Showing products in categories in Magento involves creating a new category, assigning products to it, configuring the category settings, configuring the product listing, and checking the category on the front end of the website. It is possible to assign products to multiple categories and configure different settings for each category.