There are several ways to improve the speed of a PrestaShop website:
- Enable caching: PrestaShop has built-in caching support for pages, blocks, and configurations. Enabling caching can significantly improve the performance of your website.
- Optimize images: Large image sizes can slow down page load times. Optimize your images by reducing their file size without losing quality.
- Minimize the number of modules: Each installed module can slow down your site. Remove or disable any modules that you are not using.
- Use a faster web server: Upgrading to a faster web server can improve the speed of your website. Consider using a VPS or a dedicated server for better performance.
- Use a modern PHP version: PrestaShop 1.7 recommends using PHP 7.2 or later.
- Use a modern database system: PrestaShop supports MySQL 5.6 or later, MariaDB 10.0 or later, and PostgreSQL 9.6 or later.
- Enable caching in your browser: This can reduce the number of requests the browser makes to the server, resulting in faster page loads.
- Use a performance optimization module: There are several modules available that can help optimize the performance of your PrestaShop website.
- Use a caching plugin: Some caching plugins can help to improve the speed of your website.
Note: Keep in mind that some of these options may require technical knowledge to implement, and some of them may not be possible to implement if you are on a shared hosting, if that’s the case, consider upgrading your hosting plan.