There are several ways to improve the speed of a Magento website:
- Enable caching: Magento has built-in caching support for pages, blocks, and configurations. Enabling caching can significantly improve the performance of your website.
- Optimize images: Large image sizes can slow down page load times. Optimize your images by reducing their file size without losing quality.
- Minimize the number of extensions: Each installed extension can slow down your site. Remove or disable any extensions that you are not using.
- Use a faster web server: Upgrading to a faster web server can improve the speed of your website. Consider using a VPS or a dedicated server for better performance.
- Use a modern PHP version: Magento 2 recommends using PHP 7.4 or later.
- Use a modern database system: Magento 2 supports MySQL 8.0 or later and MariaDB 10.4 or later.
- Enable flat catalog: Magento uses EAV (Entity-Attribute-value) model to store product data. Enabling flat catalog can make the database queries faster.
- Use a performance optimization extension: There are several extensions available that can help optimize the performance of your Magento website.
Note: Keep in mind that some of these options may require technical knowledge to implement, and some of them may not be possible to implement if you are on a shared hosting, if that’s the case, consider upgrading your hosting plan.